PRIVACY ACT 1988 (CTH) – NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. To enable us to perform the functions and activities normally performed by us (“Business”) (such as (without limitation) selling, buying, renting, servicing, wholesaling, financing, consigning or otherwise dealing with vehicles and associated parts) we may need to, or may have already collected, Personal Information and Sensitive Information from you, or from third parties, as required and/or authorised under the Act or by law.
3. The purpose of collecting Personal Information and Sensitive Information is to perform the functions and activities necessary to conduct our Business (“Primary Purpose”), including but not limited to:
1. Assisting you to buy, sell, rent, finance, service, repair or otherwise deal with a vehicle, part or other product or service that is part of our Business;
2. Coordinating and performing repairs or maintenance, including implementing a reminder system;
3. Recording or accessing information in order to buy, sell, rent, finance, service or otherwise deal with a vehicle, part or other product that is part of our Business;
4. Recording or accessing information in relation to a vehicle or parts;
5. Client and business relationship management;
6. Legal and Insurance purposes;
7. Warranty purposes (including disclosing information to the distributor of the manufacturer of a vehicle); and
8. Marketing of products and services to you.
4. If the information described above is not provided, we may refuse to provide goods and/or services to you.
5. We will only collect use and disclose personal information provided by you to verify that information, and to perform the Primary Purpose, unless you authorise us otherwise.
6. We, without limitation, may collect, use and disclose any Personal Information and Sensitive Information about you in order to check the accuracy of the Personal Information and Sensitive Information provided by you and to conduct the Primary Purpose, from and to:
1. Our related entities
2. Distributors, manufacturers, service providers;
3. Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
4. Your employer, financial institution and/or financial advisor;
5. Insurance providers and brokers;
6. The Government;
7. Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service, including independent contractors and employees engaged by us;
8. Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
9. Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
10. Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
7. Personal Information and Sensitive Information collected about you may be used by us, and disclosed to third parties, (including to those entities mentioned at 6 above) as necessary for us to perform the functions and activities relevant to the Primary Purpose.
8. If you fail to comply with any of your obligations to us then Personal Information and Sensitive Information collected by us may be disclosed to an interested party or otherwise as required or authorised by law.